Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sightseeing Saturday

Today, I'm joining in on Sightseeing Saturdays at Christine's Home and Travel Adventures, to visit the other participants, click here and enjoy !



This is the inside of Christ Church located in New Bern, NC . I posted photos of the outside in the previous post on Outdoor Wednesday.


Church History, this building dated from about 1870, the original church was built in 1750.

Sanctuary


These are painted glass windows , not stained . they fooled me.


The gifts of silver and Bible from King George II, in 1777.

Church Banner






pipe organ
This is a lighted stain glass window behind pulpit.

I hope you enjoyed my sightseeing tour of Christ Church, Sorry the photos are so dark.

( not many lights were on in the church.) Thanks for stopping by , You are always Welcome Here. ;~)

~Myrna

4 comments:

  1. Hi Myrna! Thank you so much for joining Sightseeing Saturday today. I love your pictures! The painted glass really looks stained. I love churches especially old ones. I have always been fascinated by them. One summer, my sisters and I with my parents (last trip we took with my dad before he passed away) went on a Pilgrimage in Europe and visited so many churches including Lourdes, St. Peter's Basilica in the The Vatican, the Basilica at Pisa and many others and it was so much fun. I hope you join me again for SS. Thanks!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the sweet comment. I would love to go on such a trip to veiw old churches in Europe, it sound wonderful.;~)
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that some of the windows were not stained glass :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank-you for your comment. ❀◕ ‿ ◕❀
I appreciate your kindness.


free counter