Sunday, August 1, 2010

SPIRITUAL SUNDAY


His Joy, Our Joy

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.Hebrews 12:2

" I am like the butterfly just preparing to slip out of its old cocoon ,panting for the life outside ,but with no experience to tell what kind of life that outside life will be . But I believe with all my heart that the apostle told the truth when He declared that "eye hath not seen , nor ear heard ,neither hath it entered into man's heart the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him." (1Corinthians2:9)And what better prospect could the soul have !
Then will be fulfilled the prayer of our Lord ," Father,I will that they also, whom thou hast given me ,be with me where I am ; that they may behold my glory which thou hast given me ." (John17:24)
That glory is not the glory of dazzling light but it is the glory of unselfish love .I have had a few faint glimpses of this glory now and here,and it has been enough to ravish my heart . But there I shall see him as He is , in all the glory of an infinite unselfishness which no heart of man has ever been able to conceive ; and I await the moment with Joy ." ---------- Hannah Whitall Smith

Have a Blessed Day !To visit our wonderful Host & other inspirational posts
click Here .

~Myrna

9 comments:

  1. I've read several posts this weekend having to do with butterflies. Oh yes, I want to slip out of that old cocoon and know the fullness of joy in Jesus.

    Your picture is lovely.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a LOVELY photo - awesome butterfly, and wonderfully encouraging Bible verses and devotional. I especially am enjoying sunflowers this year because of the Sunflower House activities for grandparents and their grandchildren that my grandkids and I have been enjoying. Mine are blooming delightfully, but I've never seen anything like that gorgeous butterfly around them. Thank you so much for sharing the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this ties in so nicely with the photos on my nannykim blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post. Such awesome scripture for your colorful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! Joy unspeakable!

    The picture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you for sharing your heart Myrna, this was beautiful.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen! Beautiful post.
    Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to that day too, Myrna. Thank you for sharing this reminder.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank-you for your comment. ❀◕ ‿ ◕❀
I appreciate your kindness.


free counter