Saturday, January 2, 2010

SPIRITUAL SUNDAY &THEN SINGS MY SOUL SATURDAY

For more inspirational posts & to visit our wonderful Host click HERE.

For more wonderful songs & to visit our great Host click HERE


The New Year, A New Thing !




Forget the former things ,do not dwell on the past .See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it ?I am making a way in the dessert and streams in the wasteland ...(for) the people I have formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise .;
---Isaiah 43:18-19,21

"The Lord will never do exactly the same thing a second time around, he will do something better .A new thing .A new way. God specializes in things fresh and firsthand . He is not satisfied with the updated and revised version---He 's always quick to create something new.

His plans for you this year may outshine those of the past . His blueprint is hot- off -the press and He's prepared to fill your days with reasons to give him praise . That's why you can begin the year with hope and expectancy. "
----Joni Eareckson Tada

Here is Matthew West's song The Motions. I don't want to go through the motions either . I want everything in my Life to be done as unto my Lord .This video tells the story of his vocal surgery in 2007, surgery that could have ended his singing career. His trial left him with a renewed desire to serve the Lord as never before .



I would also like to add this poem my 11-yr.old granddaughter Jasmine wrote over the Christmas Season as she was pondering the Birth of Christ.

Walking down the rainy street,muddy ,hurried tracks of feet.
So many people are hurrying away ,Not stopping to enjoy the day.
Our God made this day, our God made us this way,
In His image , a perfect image .
Then we sinned and he was an even closer friend .
And we hurry away, We don't even enjoy this wonderful day .
And he still loves us all the same , He loves us.
---Jasmine Ayscue

Thanks you so much for your visit today . I wish you New & Wonderful Ways to praise the Lord this New Year!
Blessings,
Myrna Lee

16 comments:

  1. I love that scripture! And OMG! What a beautiful poem! Your little granddaughter is so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE that song.. I feel like I've spent 2009 figuring out how to NOT just go through the motions.. 2010 holds GREAT promise for us all I believe.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your words and message. The video also has a great message. I'm afraid too many of us have just been going through the motions. Your message will cause us to stop and think and hopefully stop "flying by the seat of our pants." Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of good stuff to ponder here sister Myrna. Thanks for sharing them all. The verse is wonderful to be etched into our hearts as another year just started. Then the video was powerful because everything happened for real! But what a great ending with your gdaughter's nice poem! So inspired! Blessings to you and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This poem is wonderful, she is very talented. The song is pretty, thank-you for sharing it today.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, what a precious poem from your granddaughter!

    "Do not dwell on the past" - could anyone know this more than Joni Tada? We all need this reminder often. Great song!

    xo...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great video. It goes well with my Spiritual Sundays post of Playing Church. I'm anxious to see what God has planned for all of us this year. Your granddaughter showed a lot of insight in writing the poem. I know you are proud of her.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the encouraging scripture verses and that great video, Myrna. Your granddaughter is so sweet. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful and powerful. Your granddgt.'s poem is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, your granddaughter Jasmine is quite talented at poetry!

    Thank you for sharing this video with us. I didn't know the story behind this song. I don't want to go through the motions either.

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was another thought provoking post. Goes right along with Charlotte's "playing church". They both have really made me think. The video was powerful, but that poem? Priceless. Blessings to you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet poem by your granddaughter..."a child shall lead them"
    Very encouraging post....it makes me smile to think of God having amazing new plans for my life this year....

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have given much food for thought. God, the bread of life that his very word penetrates to our soul. Thank you for this early Sunday morning post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing these thoughts, and for sharing Matthew's story, but what a beautiful poem Jasmine has written so heartwarming. I know you are so proud of her.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for posting the video...I just loved it! And your grandaughter is so talented...I know you must be proud of her. This was such an inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very encouraging post, and I LOVE the poem!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank-you for your comment. ❀◕ ‿ ◕❀
I appreciate your kindness.


free counter