Thursday, October 1, 2009

VINTAGE THINGIES THURSDAY & THRIFTY THURSDAY -LAMP




I am also participating in Thrifty Thursday at Tales From Bloggerville. To visit there and the other participants click HERE and enjoy!



Today I am joining Coloradolady for Vintage Thingies Thursday . I am featuring a crystal base lamp I found at Good Will for only $5.00.



Pardon the dust, it has not been cleaned yet. lol I could tell by the plug & switch (at top of lamp ) that it was old . I have seen larger lamps on the order of this , but I wanted something to fit my space.






The table below is where I plan to put this lamp, I think it will fit here . I would welcome any suggestions for lamp shades that would compliment this lamp,I haven't found a shade yet.Thanks for stopping by , I've enjoyed your company .To visit the other participants click HERE

~Myrna ;~)



7 comments:

  1. I love your lamp, I have a hard time finding shades for lamps. I have one now, that I need a shade for...and so far, nothing works....

    Have a great Weekend and a wonderful VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those lamps! Great job this week!
    Thank you for linking up to Thrifty Thursday.

    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, no recommendations for lamp shades, I am not a decorator. I noted your countdown tree. 85 days! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice little lamp. I love crystal. I have a similar one that I rewired and it's about the same size as yours. I love it! I bought a small squarish shade......it's nice with the shapes of the cut crystal. Enjoy your great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lamp is so pretty! I know it's so hard to find the perfect shade! Maybe you could bring the lamp in with you while you look? Good luck on your search, and I like your countdown tree! I feel like I should start shopping right now!
    Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish upon a star and you'll find the perfect shade! A great find, and yes, it is special...I can picture it by the bed side of great granny so and so...
    By the way, the gnome flag waving in the wind is the only way to go. I wish I was there sitting behind a stump watching the folks smile as they saw it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank-you for your comment. ❀◕ ‿ ◕❀
I appreciate your kindness.


free counter