Monday, February 6, 2012

Winter Table Decor And So Much More

Hello Blogging Friends,
Today, I have some pics of my Winter Table Decor . The Snowman graphic is from May Details ,a Shop at Etsy . This was a Christmas  freebie , I just adapted  it for Winter. The other things are from assorted after Christmas sales :)
Our winter has been mostly mild with some days near 70 . Right now the temperature is right around normal with the high near 50 and lows in the 30's . I have only been dreaming about snow & snowmen so far .


Here is a Snowflake Garland I made, looks very wintry with the coffee filter wreath.







I made some cake pops  , decorated them with some more of the graphics from  May Details .
This was a cake & milk afternoon snack  for the Super Bowl yesterday .









Last week ,  We took our granddaughter on a field trip for her home school to the Wake Forest, NC Museum .


Part of the Museum is in this historical home .






The following are pics of the  park on the museum grounds.







A millstone fountain.



I love the form of this old tree.






I love this  old clock .



The following pics are exhibits from the days that Wake Forest University was actually at Wake Forest , NC.
The school moved to Winston -Salem in 1956.












 I love this old organ .


Museum is the  Calvin Jones Home.  For more info about the Museum click Here .


Today is my granddaughter Shauna 's 9th's Birthday . I made her this crown for her birthday , she loves everything Cheetah .

I wrapped her present in this cake box because I love how festive it looks and I love to recycle !


Please pray for my granddaughter Eliana , she has been in the hospital for the last week . She became dehydrated after developing an allergy to her formula . She is doing much better but she may have surgery this week .



Eliana and her mommy Angel  Christmas 2011.
 
I will leave you with these words from Amy Carmichael :
" For no Christian man or woman was ever  meant to walk on the natural plane . There is no provision for such a walk . Always the expectation of God is that His child shall break through and live and endure as seeing the Invisible ,and there is full provision for him to do this : " My grace is sufficient for thee." 2 Corinthians 12: 9."


I am linking to: Blue Monday , Mellow Yellow Monday
 Tabletop Tuesday,Ruby Tuesday2 , Our World Tuesday,
Rednesday, Outdoor Wednesday , Watery Wednesday


Love & Blessings,
~Myrna



26 comments:

  1. Your winter decor is pretty, and the cake pops look like a fun treat to have.

    The museum trip looks like it was interesting. I bet it was neat to see the exhibits there.

    I hope all goes well for your granddaughter. I'll say a prayer for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun cake decorations! That looks like an intersting tour. I'n sure your granddaughter enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pics are all so pretty. You did a great job on Shauna's crown, and what a neat idea to wrap her present in a cake mix box. Thanks for posting a prayer request for Eliana. Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shauna is fortunate to have such a creative Grandmother. Love your blues!

    Happy Blue Monday, Myrna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and educational trip. Happy Monday!

    What A Sky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty garland. I will keep your granddaughter in my prayers. How horrible to have an allergy to the formula.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are keeping busy with your craft work. The museum looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting museum! Hope your grand daughter will be better soon --I will keep her in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always a treat when I visit your site.

    Come see my RUBIES when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Myrna, you are just a bundle of energy. I adore your interior decorations and that you are so able to change style from month to month. The museum visit was also very interesting.
    I have prayed for your grandchild. Hopefully she will recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Myrna,
    I love your winter decor, so darling! Loving your photos of NC too - my father-in-law lives there and I hope to get to visit there one of these days.

    Happy Rednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the millstone fountain.
    It is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post, I enjoyed all your photos. The cupcakes look yummy! Have a Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy cup cake, beautiful blue!

    Visiting for Blue Monday! Hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.mommys4seasonsjourney.com/2012/02/family-dinner-at-buffet-restaurant.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the lasts photo with the baby:)

    Visiting for MYM! Hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/02/so-much-fun.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Prayers for your precious grandbaby. I hope she won't have to have surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you gathered all the beautiful red!

    Visiting for RT 2- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/02/caterpillar-stuff-toy.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful pictures, great shots too :-) Visiting from Blue Monday, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/my-9th-birthday-celebration.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely photos. I pray too that your little granddaughter won't need surgery but it if goes ahead, that all will be well. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful pictures of how beautiful winter is :-) Visiting this time from MYM :-), hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/my-9th-birthday-celebration.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Myrna, w.hat a wonderful post! I love your snow decorations, especially the glass snowflakes. The museum tour was enjoyable, too! I like the crown, most of all - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful pictures, great shots :-) the baby is so cute :-) visiting back this time from Ruby Tuesday 2, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/thank-you-mommy-ruby.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. The cake pops and the museum pics were great. :D This was my RT for the week.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank-you for your comment. ❀◕ ‿ ◕❀
I appreciate your kindness.


free counter