Monday, December 5, 2011

My Weekend

Hello Blogger Friends !

I have some pics form my weekend .I went to The Duke Homestead" Christmas by Candle Light" tour .It is a reenactment of an 1870's Christmas .But on the way I stopped at the North Gate Mall in Durham, NC.

I love to check out grocery store bouquets, here are some red roses with crystals.



Some happy yellow chrysanthemums .




I thought these character hats on sale at a booth were very cute.



I spied this elf high on a shelf in the Hallmark store .



Outside of Macy's , there was this cool train for the kiddies .







Inside the tracks there were some Christmas vignettes .



Inside Macy's there was a beautiful forest of Christmas trees . This blue and white frosted tree looks like it came from Narnia .





Here is a very pretty peacock themed one .






Next is this fabulous Ooh-la-la Pink Poodle tree, I love this !





My very favorite was this red & gold one that featured Christ themed ornaments .




While in Macy's, we mailed our letters to Santa to help raise money for children's hospitals. For every letter entered in their mailbox , they donate a dollar so if you are in Macy's be sure to stop by the mailbox.

I love to play about Santa , but my real belief in the Miracle of Christ's Birth . But Santa Claus is an innocent fun part of Christmas .

I made a simple wish for "Peace on Earth ".



As I was leaving the Mall, I spied Santa hurrying to get somewhere. I hastily snapped this not so clear pic .



Visiting the Duke Homestead.

The Pic below is from their website.This what it looks like in the daylight .



We arrived at the Duke Homestead about eight . Here is one of the tour guides dressed in a period costume.
It was a candlelight tour ,so only a few pics came out clear enough to post using my small camera.


Mason Jar Luminary



Fireplace Fire



A reading of " The night before Christmas "



Musicians played and everyone sang Christmas Carols and had refreshments of popcorn, sugar cookies and hot apple cider . It was very fun .




Decorated Mantel




Out side campfire with visitors gathered round .






It was a very enjoyable evening . We were carried back to a simpler time and way of celebrating Christmas . Thanks so much for stopping by . Merry Christmas !



Love & Blessings,
~Myrna

23 comments:

  1. Myrna,
    I really enjoy your photos. You are really good! You tell great stories through your pictures. Keep up the good work. Love you, Carolyn

    Keep posting on facebook so I'll remember to come look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful decors! Following your blog now.

    Come see my blues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures =) The picture of the trees at the end turned out great =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pictures..

    Here's my mellow yellowplease come and see. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Myrna, you simly live an enchanted life. I´m thrilled to walk along with you in Christmas Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that blue peacock tree.

    Happy Blue Monday to you, Myrna.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a holly jolly weekend! Those crocheted characters are adorable. I like the pink and white tree, too--so cute! The reenactment must have been amazing....wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing all the festive photos..I had a great time looking at all the lovely decorations and Christmas trees :) I love the little crocheted hats..they are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful photos..

    Visiting for BM! Hope you can visit mine too..

    http://www.heavenly-dreams.com/toy-story-toddler-bed/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed this post and picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a great time, Myrna! I remember our daughter riding the train at our mall when she was little. She and I went to the mall just a couple of days ago, and I tried so hard to get her to ride that train, but I guess when you're 22 you won't do that, not even for your mother!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. what beautiful pictures and shots you have here, loved them all :-) Thank you for sharing. Dropping some love for MYM, hope that you can return the favor too.

    http://www.kandhistools.com/a-yellow-letter-k-christmas-ornament/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Duke Homestead looks wonderful, such a special Christmas celebration. Love all your picks and all the red touches.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice photos, i love the red and gold christmas tree the most, late visit for MYM and Ruby Tuesday i hope you could visit my share here http://gven-rose.blogspot.com/2011/12/this-too-shall-pass.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos. My OW is up too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pictures - looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those character hats were too cute. Did I see some muppets in there? :)
    Thanks for sharing

    www.forgottencompass.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, and thanks for stopping by my blog. What a wonderful tour. I wish I could have been there. I do love stuff like that. The mantel is so "homemade" but I love it!
    P.S. I loved that "heart" cloud picture in your other post. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great photos! I love those trees - espeically the pink poodle one! Wonderful tour, also. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved the tree pictures from Macy's...they feed my imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those roses look good enough to eat--really!

    SING A SONG OF SCARLET

    Sing a song of scarlet—
    Red on Christmas morn!
    Sing a song of scarlet—
    Blue is so forlorn!
    Sing a song of scarlet—
    Red for girls and boys!
    Sing a song of scarlet—
    Look at all those toys!


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Red Leaf and Red Mary

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank-you for your comment. ❀◕ ‿ ◕❀
I appreciate your kindness.


free counter