Saturday, February 20, 2010

SPIRITUAL SUNDAY & THEN SINGS MY SOUL SATURDAY

To visit our wonderful SS Host & other Spiritual Posts click HERE.

To visit our wonderful TSMSS Host & other Inspiring Songs click HERE.








......God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake
you."Hebrews 13:5


When I was a little younger , I registered to win a wind surfer from a local store & to my amazement , I won . My husband & I took it to our nearby lake and tried many times to master windsurfing , but I never became very good at it at all. But it was an interesting experience. I noticed the few times I was successful at actually sailing , that there was a sensation of standing still, & a sort of isolation.I think this was because of being one with the wind ,I no longer felt it blowing against me.
I have in my spiritual & prayer life at times felt the same sort of feelings. Times when I was greatly in distress, but finding a silence from God .But I know that Jesus was always there with me because I have the assurance of his word ,that "He would never leave me or forsake me ". In those times, Faith is what carried me through . I believe if we have assurance that we are His , Then we know He is there always & hears us..

Here is a wonderful poem by Amy Carmichael.

The Age -Long Minute

Thou art the God who slept upon the pillow,
Thou art the God who smoothed the furious sea,
What matter beating wind and tossing billow
If only we are in the boat with Thee ?


Hold us in quiet through the age-long minute
While thou are silent , and the wind is shrill:
Can the boat sink while Thou dear Lord, art in it ?
Can the heart faint that waiteth on Thy will?



The song I have for today is, He Is by Mark Schultz. It really spoke to my heart as I listened to it on the radio last week.



Blessings,
~Myrna

27 comments:

  1. What an encouraging post, Myrna. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I had not heard the song in the video before. I love it.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this encouraging post and song with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a heart lifting son Myrna. It touched my soul. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great post. So nice to know that as we sail through life, God is always with us. He will never leave us nor forsake us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard this song. This song is very insiring. Feel free to check out my TSMSS post http://gigglingkids.blogspot.com/2010/02/then-sings-my-soul-saturday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://adivashammer.com/
    happy Spiritual Sunday

    such a soulful post one tied to our own life's experience...

    glad to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful post and I love the poem. No doubt you have encouraged many today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great song by Mark Schultz. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an inspiring post and song, Myrna! Thank you for sharing them with us today. Have a wonderful Sunday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this song.Our local radio station plays it regularly. Such a blessing! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful song. What a wonderful experience that must of been, riding with the wind.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  12. And with that faith comes victory! Blessings to you sister and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Myrna!

    Back soon to Spain where hope to access yr great site!

    LOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the analogy....Its one I will remember hopefully when I'm going through those times when I wonder if He's there..

    ReplyDelete
  15. He has been my constant comfort. How blessed we are indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an amazing post, Myrna, and I love the song! So true! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    I always lean on God's promise that He will never leave us nor forsake us!

    God bless you today and every day, my friend!!

    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, that song is a good one! I loved hearing it all the way through. I have never heard it before, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh what a wonderful post! Thank you for blessing me with this today. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good words, great video and music. I love the poem by Amy Carmichael. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had not heard that poem before - it is lovely. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great reminder for us...an encouraging post...God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful post, Myrna ~ I love that wonderful promise, and that song is great. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  23. thank you so much for your returning visit...and reading my prose.
    the insight of others...helps me a great deal, and is always most appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank-you for your comment. ❀◕ ‿ ◕❀
I appreciate your kindness.


free counter